FPGA Central - World's 1st FPGA / CPLD Portal

FPGA Central

World's 1st FPGA Portal

 

Go Back   FPGA Groups > NewsGroup > VHDL

VHDL comp.lang.vhdl newsgroup / Usenet

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Hugo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default modelsim and psl support

Hi everyone
I've been trying to get some psl assertions to work with my design on
Modelsim, but nothing seems to work.

I have moved the psl assertions on a separate file (vunit), and I even
got this message when compiling on modelsim:

Loading vunit bla_unit

which made me think that I had got something.. but I have no assertions
on the Assertion view, and no messages on the console!

Does anyone have a sample code? something that works on modelsim ?
Thank you very much!


Here's my testing code:
vunit bla_unit(system (system)){
default clock is rising_edge(clk);
property test is never (sig1 and sig2);
assert test;
}

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: modelsim and psl support

Hi,
I'm having the same problem... I tried both with separate file and
comments in vhdl files. I can tell for sure that the psl code is
compiled, but I can't see the assertions...

Hugo ha scritto:

> Hi everyone
> I've been trying to get some psl assertions to work with my design on
> Modelsim, but nothing seems to work.
>
> I have moved the psl assertions on a separate file (vunit), and I even
> got this message when compiling on modelsim:
>
> Loading vunit bla_unit
>
> which made me think that I had got something.. but I have no assertions
> on the Assertion view, and no messages on the console!
>
> Does anyone have a sample code? something that works on modelsim ?
> Thank you very much!
>
>
> Here's my testing code:
> vunit bla_unit(system (system)){
> default clock is rising_edge(clk);
> property test is never (sig1 and sig2);
> assert test;
> }


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2006, 02:14 PM
NigelE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: modelsim and psl support


[email protected] wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having the same problem... I tried both with separate file and
> comments in vhdl files. I can tell for sure that the psl code is
> compiled, but I can't see the assertions...
>
> Hugo ha scritto:
>
> > Hi everyone
> > I've been trying to get some psl assertions to work with my design on
> > Modelsim, but nothing seems to work.
> >
> > I have moved the psl assertions on a separate file (vunit), and I even
> > got this message when compiling on modelsim:
> >
> > Loading vunit bla_unit
> >
> > which made me think that I had got something.. but I have no assertions
> > on the Assertion view, and no messages on the console!
> >
> > Does anyone have a sample code? something that works on modelsim ?
> > Thank you very much!
> >
> >
> > Here's my testing code:
> > vunit bla_unit(system (system)){
> > default clock is rising_edge(clk);
> > property test is never (sig1 and sig2);
> > assert test;
> > }



ModelSim does not support PSL by default.
You need to add a Questa Option to your configuration to access this
language capability.
I hope this clarifies the situation.

Best Regards

- Nigel

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: modelsim and psl support

Sorry, I don't get it, I'm quite new to modelsim... Where should I add
this option? In the simulation configuration, I can disable or enable
PSL support, but nothing works... I'm starting to believe that my
license doesn't allow PSL simulation (I'm using Modelsim 6.1 Lattice
Edition...). I tried to read the user manual, but I didn't find
anything.

Thanks,
lele


NigelE ha scritto:

> ModelSim does not support PSL by default.
> You need to add a Questa Option to your configuration to access this
> language capability.
> I hope this clarifies the situation.
>
> Best Regards
>
> - Nigel


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Ajeetha
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: modelsim and psl support

I believe one needs to purchase a separate license key for this.

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

[email protected] wrote:
> Sorry, I don't get it, I'm quite new to modelsim... Where should I add
> this option? In the simulation configuration, I can disable or enable
> PSL support, but nothing works... I'm starting to believe that my
> license doesn't allow PSL simulation (I'm using Modelsim 6.1 Lattice
> Edition...). I tried to read the user manual, but I didn't find
> anything.
>
> Thanks,
> lele
>
>
> NigelE ha scritto:
>
> > ModelSim does not support PSL by default.
> > You need to add a Questa Option to your configuration to access this
> > language capability.
> > I hope this clarifies the situation.
> >
> > Best Regards
> >
> > - Nigel


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 PM
NigelE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: modelsim and psl support


Ajeetha wrote:
> I believe one needs to purchase a separate license key for this.
>
> Ajeetha, CVC
> www.noveldv.com
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Sorry, I don't get it, I'm quite new to modelsim... Where should I add
> > this option? In the simulation configuration, I can disable or enable
> > PSL support, but nothing works... I'm starting to believe that my
> > license doesn't allow PSL simulation (I'm using Modelsim 6.1 Lattice
> > Edition...). I tried to read the user manual, but I didn't find
> > anything.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > lele
> >
> >
> > NigelE ha scritto:
> >
> > > ModelSim does not support PSL by default.
> > > You need to add a Questa Option to your configuration to access this
> > > language capability.
> > > I hope this clarifies the situation.
> > >
> > > Best Regards
> > >
> > > - Nigel


Sorry I wasn't being clear. For 'add' read 'purchase' .

Also, this is only available direct from Mentor (ie not from the FPGA
vendors) and may require an upgrade of your ModelSim first.

- Nigel

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: modelsim and psl support

Thanks for the answers, now everything is clear...

NigelE ha scritto:

> Ajeetha wrote:
> > I believe one needs to purchase a separate license key for this.
> >
> > Ajeetha, CVC
> > www.noveldv.com
> >
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > Sorry, I don't get it, I'm quite new to modelsim... Where should I add
> > > this option? In the simulation configuration, I can disable or enable
> > > PSL support, but nothing works... I'm starting to believe that my
> > > license doesn't allow PSL simulation (I'm using Modelsim 6.1 Lattice
> > > Edition...). I tried to read the user manual, but I didn't find
> > > anything.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > lele
> > >
> > >
> > > NigelE ha scritto:
> > >
> > > > ModelSim does not support PSL by default.
> > > > You need to add a Questa Option to your configuration to access this
> > > > language capability.
> > > > I hope this clarifies the situation.
> > > >
> > > > Best Regards
> > > >
> > > > - Nigel

>
> Sorry I wasn't being clear. For 'add' read 'purchase' .
>
> Also, this is only available direct from Mentor (ie not from the FPGA
> vendors) and may require an upgrade of your ModelSim first.
>
> - Nigel


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
does ModelSim XE III/Starter 6.2g has systemverilog support? [email protected] Verilog 3 10-11-2007 11:10 PM
Xilinx Modelsim XE-III 6.2g no more Systemverilog support? Xilinx User FPGA 4 06-29-2007 04:39 AM
Xilinx Modelsim XE-III 6.2g no more Systemverilog support? Xilinx User Verilog 4 06-29-2007 04:39 AM
Does Modelsim XE support coreconnect BFM simulation? Jeff Cunningham FPGA 2 01-12-2007 02:19 AM
User-defined Physical Type Support in Modelsim Waveform? Colin Marquardt VHDL 2 10-16-2005 02:29 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved