FPGA Central - World's 1st FPGA / CPLD Portal

FPGA Central

World's 1st FPGA Portal

 

Go Back   FPGA Groups > NewsGroup > VHDL

VHDL comp.lang.vhdl newsgroup / Usenet

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Weng Tianxiang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default How to create a library for a Xilinx project

Hi,
I have a project that have many files generated by Xilinx
CoreGenerator.

Now I put all those vhdl files generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator into
my project.

I want to put those files that never change into a library monitored by
ModelSim software.

I don't know how to create a ModelSim library.

Please help.

Thank you.

Weng

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How to create a library for a Xilinx project

You have a 'gmail' address; surely you have heard of Google?

Google search for "modelsim create library". The link you want is the
2nd one.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Jim Wu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How to create a library for a Xilinx project

vlib my_cores
vlog -work my_cores core0.v

HTH,
Jim
http://home.comcast.net/~jimwu88/tools/


Weng Tianxiang wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a project that have many files generated by Xilinx
> CoreGenerator.
>
> Now I put all those vhdl files generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator into
> my project.
>
> I want to put those files that never change into a library monitored by
> ModelSim software.
>
> I don't know how to create a ModelSim library.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Weng


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Weng Tianxiang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How to create a library for a Xilinx project


Jim Wu wrote:
> vlib my_cores
> vlog -work my_cores core0.v
>
> HTH,
> Jim
> http://home.comcast.net/~jimwu88/tools/
>
>
> Weng Tianxiang wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a project that have many files generated by Xilinx
> > CoreGenerator.
> >
> > Now I put all those vhdl files generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator into
> > my project.
> >
> > I want to put those files that never change into a library monitored by
> > ModelSim software.


Hi Wu,
I found the simplest way to create a library for a project while using
ModelSim:
1. Put all necessary *.vhd files into one proejct directory;
2. Compile them without errors;
3. Delete all *.vhd files that are generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator or
something similar;

These deleted *.vhd code are still referenced properly in the work
library and there are no need to generate a separate library.

Any comments?

Thank you.

Weng


> >
> > I don't know how to create a ModelSim library.
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Weng


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Weng Tianxiang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How to create a library for a Xilinx project


Jim Wu wrote:
> vlib my_cores
> vlog -work my_cores core0.v
>
> HTH,
> Jim
> http://home.comcast.net/~jimwu88/tools/
>
>
> Weng Tianxiang wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a project that have many files generated by Xilinx
> > CoreGenerator.
> >
> > Now I put all those vhdl files generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator into
> > my project.
> >
> > I want to put those files that never change into a library monitored by
> > ModelSim software.
> >
> > I don't know how to create a ModelSim library.
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Weng


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Jim Wu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How to create a library for a Xilinx project


> I found the simplest way to create a library for a project while using
> ModelSim:
> 1. Put all necessary *.vhd files into one proejct directory;
> 2. Compile them without errors;
> 3. Delete all *.vhd files that are generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator or
> something similar;
>
> These deleted *.vhd code are still referenced properly in the work
> library and there are no need to generate a separate library.
>
> Any comments?



Not sure what you're trying to do. If you just want to avoid
re-compiling the core libraries, you don't have to delete the source
files. What you can do is to do the compile in two steps:

vlog -f my_core_files
vlog -f my_design_files

If you make any changes to your design files, you only need to run the
second step.

HTH,
Jim
http://home.comcast.net/~jimwu88/tools/


> > > Weng


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Weng Tianxiang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How to create a library for a Xilinx project


Jim Wu wrote:
> > I found the simplest way to create a library for a project while using
> > ModelSim:
> > 1. Put all necessary *.vhd files into one proejct directory;
> > 2. Compile them without errors;
> > 3. Delete all *.vhd files that are generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator or
> > something similar;
> >
> > These deleted *.vhd code are still referenced properly in the work
> > library and there are no need to generate a separate library.
> >
> > Any comments?

>
>
> Not sure what you're trying to do. If you just want to avoid
> re-compiling the core libraries, you don't have to delete the source
> files. What you can do is to do the compile in two steps:
>
> vlog -f my_core_files
> vlog -f my_design_files
>
> If you make any changes to your design files, you only need to run the
> second step.
>
> HTH,
> Jim
> http://home.comcast.net/~jimwu88/tools/
>
>
> > > > Weng


Hi Jim,
Thank you.

Weng

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10.1 EDK - How can I create a user library in SDK? [email protected] FPGA 0 04-23-2008 08:48 AM
[ISE] How to create and map user library in command-line? Pasacco FPGA 6 07-15-2007 09:00 PM
How to create a library for a Xilinx project Weng Tianxiang FPGA 6 10-04-2006 05:52 PM
Howto Create a library from vhdl source with design compiler ? Nikolaos Kefalas VHDL 2 06-01-2006 07:32 PM
how can i add my math library libm.a in my project jack FPGA 3 05-08-2005 04:17 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved