FPGA Central - World's 1st FPGA / CPLD Portal

FPGA Central

World's 1st FPGA Portal

 

Go Back   FPGA Groups > NewsGroup > Verilog

Verilog comp.lang.verilog newsgroup / usenet

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Ray2008
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Where is the verilog model for SRAM?

Where is the verilog model for SRAM?
I need a verilog SRAM model such as IS61LV51216 used in ModelSim, but
I can't find it in ISSI website, who can help me ?
Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2008, 05:04 PM
LittleAlex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where is the verilog model for SRAM?

On Aug 13, 2:25*am, Ray2008 <[email protected]> wrote:
> Where is the verilog model for SRAM?
> I need a verilog SRAM model such as IS61LV51216 used in ModelSim, but
> I can't find it in ISSI website, who can help me ?
> Thank you very much!



It is on the ISSI web site. It took me less than 30 seconds to find
the following, and that was using a crummy search engine!

================================================== ==========================
// IS61LV51216 Asynchronous SRAM, 512K x 16 = 8M; speed: 10ns.
// Please include "+define+ OEb" in running script if you want to
check
// timing in the case of OE_ being set.

// `define OEb
`timescale 1ns/10ps

module IS61LV51216 (A, IO, CE_, OE_, WE_, LB_, UB_);
<snip>
================================================== ==========================

Google - it's not just for abusing usenet, it's good for searching too.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2008, 10:01 PM
gabor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where is the verilog model for SRAM?

On Aug 13, 12:04 pm, LittleAlex <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 13, 2:25 am, Ray2008 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Where is the verilog model for SRAM?
> > I need a verilog SRAM model such as IS61LV51216 used in ModelSim, but
> > I can't find it in ISSI website, who can help me ?
> > Thank you very much!

>
> It is on the ISSI web site. It took me less than 30 seconds to find
> the following, and that was using a crummy search engine!
>
> ================================================== ==========================
> // IS61LV51216 Asynchronous SRAM, 512K x 16 = 8M; speed: 10ns.
> // Please include "+define+ OEb" in running script if you want to
> check
> // timing in the case of OE_ being set.
>
> // `define OEb
> `timescale 1ns/10ps
>
> module IS61LV51216 (A, IO, CE_, OE_, WE_, LB_, UB_);
> <snip>
> ================================================== ==========================
>
> Google - it's not just for abusing usenet, it's good for searching too.


O.K. Your Google is better than mine?

The best I could do (searching only on ISSI.com) was a .pdf document
with
the paragraph:

"ISSI provides simulation models for each SRAM, DRAM and ASSP part
manufactured.
These models are revised as new device and technologies are developed.
Models for logic
products may be requested; they are developed as needed. Models can be
obtained by
contacting ISSI FAE department."

Care to post the link to the model you found?

Regards,
Gabor
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Mike Treseler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where is the verilog model for SRAM?

Ray2008 wrote:
> Where is the verilog model for SRAM?
> I need a verilog SRAM model such as IS61LV51216 used in ModelSim, but
> I can't find it in ISSI website, who can help me ?
> Thank you very much!



http://www.issi.com/asyncrams.htm#E
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2008, 05:44 AM
sandeep
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where is the verilog model for SRAM?

On Aug 14, 5:34*am, Mike Treseler <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ray2008 wrote:
> > Where is the verilog model for SRAM?
> > I need a verilog SRAM model such as IS61LV51216 used in ModelSim, but
> > I can't find it in ISSI website, who can help me ?
> > Thank you very much!

>
> http://www.issi.com/asyncrams.htm#E


I too can only fine the pdf file. Verilog model link is not there for
above part number.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2008, 10:59 PM
ghelbig
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where is the verilog model for SRAM?

On Aug 13, 9:44*pm, sandeep <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 14, 5:34*am, Mike Treseler <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Ray2008 wrote:
> > > Where is the verilog model for SRAM?
> > > I need a verilog SRAM model such as IS61LV51216 used in ModelSim, but
> > > I can't find it in ISSI website, who can help me ?
> > > Thank you very much!

>
> >http://www.issi.com/asyncrams.htm#E

>
> I too can only fine the pdf file. Verilog model link is not there for
> above part number.


Hint #2: Look for the word "verilog" on the page Mike is sending you
to.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2008, 01:14 PM
gabor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where is the verilog model for SRAM?

On Aug 15, 5:59 pm, ghelbig <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 13, 9:44 pm, sandeep <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 14, 5:34 am, Mike Treseler <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> > > Ray2008 wrote:
> > > > Where is the verilog model for SRAM?
> > > > I need a verilog SRAM model such as IS61LV51216 used in ModelSim, but
> > > > I can't find it in ISSI website, who can help me ?
> > > > Thank you very much!

>
> > >http://www.issi.com/asyncrams.htm#E

>
> > I too can only fine the pdf file. Verilog model link is not there for
> > above part number.

>
> Hint #2: Look for the word "verilog" on the page Mike is sending you
> to.


I think that was obvious, the question is where is the file
for the particular device in question, which does not have
the "Verilog" link next to it in the table. I'm sure that
a little work with the datasheet (for timing and address
width) and an existing model from another part could give
you a working model, but it is always preferable to work
from a known good model for the actual part, especially if
you are trying to verify functionality of new code.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GUI for verilog model vicky Verilog 3 07-02-2007 02:57 PM
Verilog Model for a Remote 8-bit I/O Expander Julien Lochen Verilog 1 04-13-2006 10:50 AM
Verilog -SRAM to be able to Read and Write SDRAM Vick Verilog 1 11-09-2004 04:36 PM
spectre model files for use in verilog ams Vineet Verilog 0 02-27-2004 04:36 PM
Re: The Verilog PLL model? Asher C. Martin Verilog 1 06-28-2003 05:21 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved