FPGA Central - World's 1st FPGA / CPLD Portal

FPGA Central

World's 1st FPGA Portal

 

Go Back   FPGA Groups > NewsGroup > Verilog

Verilog comp.lang.verilog newsgroup / usenet

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2004, 08:04 AM
myedacn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default verilog standard download

I'm a new user of verilog, but I don't know where can download the stardard
of verilog. pls give some message of it.
thanks!

Richard


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Petter Gustad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: verilog standard download

"myedacn" <[email protected]> writes:

> I'm a new user of verilog, but I don't know where can download the stardard
> of verilog. pls give some message of it.
> thanks!


You can buy (and download) it from the IEEE.

http://shop.ieee.org/store/product.asp?prodno=SS94921

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2004, 03:23 AM
Hendra Gunawan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: verilog standard download

"myedacn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm a new user of verilog, but I don't know where can download the

stardard
> of verilog. pls give some message of it.
> thanks!


You can buy one from ieee.org as the other person said, but I think the
standard is not meant to be used as a text book. The standard from IEEE is
complete but very dry. Best way to do is to buy cheaper Verilog text book
rather than learning from IEEE standard.

Hendra


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Utku Ozcan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: verilog standard download


Yes, I can confirm that as a designer. Standard is not a book
to study Verilog for beginners. It is very complicated and
mostly related to software designers who develop Verilog
synthesis/simulator EDA software.

Utku

Hendra Gunawan wrote:
>
> "myedacn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I'm a new user of verilog, but I don't know where can download the

> stardard
> > of verilog. pls give some message of it.
> > thanks!

>
> You can buy one from ieee.org as the other person said, but I think the
> standard is not meant to be used as a text book. The standard from IEEE is
> complete but very dry. Best way to do is to buy cheaper Verilog text book
> rather than learning from IEEE standard.
>
> Hendra

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Ajeetha Kumari
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: verilog standard download

Richard,
If you use VCS as your simulator, it used to contain version 1.0
(old version) of LRM in its installation dir. In any case, I think you
are better off starting with a book than LRM (as others have pointed
out), try:

Verilog HDL - Palnitkar,
Verilog Primer - J.Bhasker

Ajeetha,
http://www.noveldv.com
Co-Author: Using PSL/SUGAR for Formal and Dynamic Verification 2nd
Edition.

"myedacn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm a new user of verilog, but I don't know where can download the stardard
> of verilog. pls give some message of it.
> thanks!
>
> Richard

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2004, 02:44 AM
Rakesh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: verilog standard download

> "myedacn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > I'm a new user of verilog, but I don't know where can download the stardard
> > of verilog. pls give some message of it.
> > thanks!
> >
> > Richard


Richard,
Your best bet is a verilog book to start with,either Verilog HDL by
Bhaskar,Verilog HDL by Samit Palnitkar. Once you are able to write
verilog code,go ahead with Verilog HDL by Thomas and Moorby.It's a
very good book.

If you really want to have the LRM,google for it.There are coupla
links to the LRM

--RBalaji
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2004, 04:03 AM
Hendra Gunawan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: verilog standard download

> Richard,
> Your best bet is a verilog book to start with,either Verilog HDL by
> Bhaskar,Verilog HDL by Samit Palnitkar.


I completely agree with you. Samir Palnitkar book is the best Verilog book
for beginner. Read my review at amazon.com

Hendra


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved