FPGA Groups

FPGA Groups (http://www.fpgacentral.com/group/index.php)
-   Verilog (http://www.fpgacentral.com/group/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   OT: flexlm license tracking (http://www.fpgacentral.com/group/showthread.php?t=43569)

Chris Briggs 08-06-2003 07:23 PM

OT: flexlm license tracking
 
I'd like to get a report of our license usage to get some stats, like
peak usage, how many times we had X number of licenses in use, and
such. Does anyone have or know of a script or utility to go through
the license server logfile and produce this data?

Thanks.

-cb

Ramesh 08-08-2003 08:53 PM

Re: OT: flexlm license tracking
 
[email protected] (Chris Briggs) wrote in message news:<[email protected] com>...
> I'd like to get a report of our license usage to get some stats, like
> peak usage, how many times we had X number of licenses in use, and
> such. Does anyone have or know of a script or utility to go through
> the license server logfile and produce this data?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -cb


There is a tool called SAMreport from Globetrotter/Macrovision that
does what you want and more.

Since the logfile lists time and not date it is not straight forward
to do the analysis you require on the log file; for instance 20:00
check out and 22:00 release could be 2 hours or 26 hours.

If you had a cron job that fired up a marker executable at midnight
everyday to mark days you might then be able to write a script for
what you need :-)

ramesh

Chris Briggs 08-11-2003 03:12 PM

Re: OT: flexlm license tracking
 
[email protected] (Ramesh) wrote in message news:<[email protected] com>...
> There is a tool called SAMreport from Globetrotter/Macrovision that
> does what you want and more.


Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time convincing my boss we
need more simulator licenses, so I was hoping someone had written
something there were willing to share. Not having heard anything
sooner, one of my colleagues found a little time to do what we need.


> Since the logfile lists time and not date it is not straight forward
> to do the analysis you require on the log file; for instance 20:00
> check out and 22:00 release could be 2 hours or 26 hours.
>
> If you had a cron job that fired up a marker executable at midnight
> everyday to mark days you might then be able to write a script for
> what you need :-)


Actually, it does give the date, albeit in a slightly annoying
fashion. Every 6 hours it produces a timestamp line that looks like
this:
5:27:22 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 8/11/2003

-cb

Prasanna 08-11-2003 04:52 PM

Re: OT: flexlm license tracking
 
[email protected] (Ramesh) wrote in message news:<[email protected] com>...
> [email protected] (Chris Briggs) wrote in message news:<[email protected] com>...
> > I'd like to get a report of our license usage to get some stats, like
> > peak usage, how many times we had X number of licenses in use, and
> > such. Does anyone have or know of a script or utility to go through
> > the license server logfile and produce this data?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -cb

>
> There is a tool called SAMreport from Globetrotter/Macrovision that
> does what you want and more.
>
> Since the logfile lists time and not date it is not straight forward
> to do the analysis you require on the log file; for instance 20:00
> check out and 22:00 release could be 2 hours or 26 hours.
>
> If you had a cron job that fired up a marker executable at midnight
> everyday to mark days you might then be able to write a script for
> what you need :-)
>
> ramesh


There are couple of ways to do it...

1. While you start your licence manager, pipe the output or tee the
output to a file and it records all the details of usage.

2. Wrap your eda tool executable with a wrapper script that customizes
your data collection. You can add time, date, system fired with,
system fired on, memory usage before firing the job, swap usage etc.

3. You can put a deamon that always polls for the eda tool process and
whenever finds one, records data on a file.

Regards,

- Prasanna


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved