FPGA Central - World's 1st FPGA / CPLD Portal

FPGA Central

World's 1st FPGA Portal

 

Go Back   FPGA Groups > NewsGroup > Verilog

Verilog comp.lang.verilog newsgroup / usenet

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Muzaffer Kal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default GTKWave 3.2.0 for Windows is available

Hi everyone,
the latest version of GTKWave (3.2.0) windows binary is available at
here: http://www.dspia.com/gtkwave.html

-- Muzaffer Kal

DSPIA INC.
ASIC/FPGA Design Services
http://www.dspia.com
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
chewie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: GTKWave 3.2.0 for Windows is available

On Feb 19, 7:55*pm, Muzaffer Kal <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> the latest version of GTKWave (3.2.0) windows binary is available at
> here:http://www.dspia.com/gtkwave.html
>
> -- Muzaffer Kal
>
> DSPIA INC.
> ASIC/FPGA Design Serviceshttp://www.dspia.com


Thanks to Tony Bybell, this version also exports .tim files for the
TimingAnalyzer so you convert VCD diagrams to timing diagrams.

www.timing-diagrams.com

Thank you for distributing the windows version.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Jason Zheng
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: GTKWave 3.2.0 for Windows is available

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:03:04 -0800 (PST)
chewie <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks to Tony Bybell, this version also exports .tim files for the
> TimingAnalyzer so you convert VCD diagrams to timing diagrams.
>
> www.timing-diagrams.com
>
> Thank you for distributing the windows version.
>


And Thanks to Tony Bybell, he's gtkwave program in GPL-licensed and
freely available. I'm getting tired of your annoying marketing posts.
Please stop or promote your program as an open-sourced program.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2009, 06:35 PM
chewie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: GTKWave 3.2.0 for Windows is available

On Feb 20, 10:32*am, Jason Zheng <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:03:04 -0800 (PST)
>
> chewie <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Thanks to Tony Bybell, *this version also exports .tim files for the
> > TimingAnalyzer so you convert VCD diagrams to timing diagrams.

>
> >www.timing-diagrams.com

>
> > Thank you for distributing the windows version.

>
> And Thanks to Tony Bybell, he's gtkwave program in GPL-licensed and
> freely available. I'm getting tired of your annoying marketing posts.
> Please stop or promote your program as an open-sourced program.


I thought from previous discusions it would be ok to make
announcements every once in a while, but now I believe you are right,
and don't want to bother anyone, so I will not make anymore
announcements on the newsgroups.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 03:35 AM
Muzaffer Kal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default GTKWave 3.2.1 for Windows is available

Hi everyone,
the latest version of GTKWave (3.2.1) windows binary is available at
here: http://www.dspia.com/gtkwave.html
Thanks to Tony now we have a way to start GTKWave without a file and
open one later.

-- Muzaffer Kal

DSPIA INC.
ASIC/FPGA Design Services
http://www.dspia.com
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Muzaffer Kal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default GTKWave 3.2.2 for Windows is available

Hi everyone,
The latest version of GTKWave (3.2.2) windows binary is available
here: http://www.dspia.com/gtkwave.html

--
Muzaffer Kal

DSPIA INC.
ASIC/FPGA Design Services
http://www.dspia.com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Tobasco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: GTKWave 3.2.2 for Windows is available

Please ignore anyone telling you not to mention your timing diagram
software. It looks useful and I've played around with it a bit. You give it
away for free. No one "runs" usenet so use it as you will as long as you are
respectful. I guarantee you that no one cares if you piss off Zheng. It's
free software as per your website; not everyone wants to release their
source code. As much as I love open source software it isn't the end all be
all philosophy on like.

"Muzaffer Kal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi everyone,
> The latest version of GTKWave (3.2.2) windows binary is available
> here: http://www.dspia.com/gtkwave.html
>
> --
> Muzaffer Kal
>
> DSPIA INC.
> ASIC/FPGA Design Services
> http://www.dspia.com


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Jason Zheng
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: GTKWave 3.2.2 for Windows is available

Tobasco,

At least tell me you have the intelligence to tell the difference
between gtkwave (which I wholeheartedly support) and
timing-diagrams.com (whose intention is still unclear till today).

Zheng

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:43:06 -0500 "Tobasco"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Please ignore anyone telling you not to mention your timing diagram
> software. It looks useful and I've played around with it a bit. You
> give it away for free. No one "runs" usenet so use it as you will as
> long as you are respectful. I guarantee you that no one cares if you
> piss off Zheng. It's free software as per your website; not everyone
> wants to release their source code. As much as I love open source
> software it isn't the end all be all philosophy on like.
>
> "Muzaffer Kal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hi everyone,
> > The latest version of GTKWave (3.2.2) windows binary is available
> > here: http://www.dspia.com/gtkwave.html
> >
> > --
> > Muzaffer Kal
> >
> > DSPIA INC.
> > ASIC/FPGA Design Services
> > http://www.dspia.com

>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 44
Default GTK wave Add Marker PERL script

# GTK wave is an electronic free waveform viewer. Presently there is no easy way to add multiple cursors which are constant time step apart from the very last marker.
# I therefor wrote a little PERL script to the job....

VHDL, verilog, design, verification, scripts, ...
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Muzaffer Kal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default GTKWave 3.3.0 for Windows is available

Hi everyone,
The latest version of GTKWave (3.3.0 preliminary with TCL/TK 8.5)
windows binary is available here: http://www.dspia.com/gtkwave.html

--
Muzaffer Kal

DSPIA INC.
ASIC/FPGA Design Services

http://www.dspia.com
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2009, 05:34 PM
chris
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: GTKWave 3.3.0 for Windows is available

Tobasco,
At least tell me you have the intelligence to tell the difference
between gtkwave (which I wholeheartedly support) and
timing-diagrams.com (whose intention is still unclear till today).
Zheng
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:43:06 -0500 "Tobasco"

- Hide quoted text -
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Please ignore anyone telling you not to mention your timing diagram
> software. It looks useful and I've played around with it a bit. You
> give it away for free. No one "runs" usenet so use it as you will as
> long as you are respectful. I guarantee you that no one cares if you
> piss off Zheng. It's free software as per your website; not everyone
> wants to release their source code. As much as I love open source
> software it isn't the end all be all philosophy on like.


I guess I don't see the big deal? What does it matter what the
intentions of timing_analyzer are? I guess if you become dependent on
the software and the project dies, it could be frustrating? But in
either case small plugs for the software should be tolerable (not much
different than having a company signature at the end of each post).
Timing analyzer is still free software and others have found benefit
and use out of the project. I am not bothered by the posts for Timing
analyzer.

chris
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 AM
timinganalyzer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: GTKWave 3.3.0 for Windows is available

Hi Guys,

My original plan was to make the TimingAnalyzer a commercial product
that would sell for about $200 but would have most all the features of
the programs that cost $1000 and more. It's just me alone doing the
development and its going very slow cause I work full time and only
have some evenings and weekends to work on it.

I'm hoping that happens some day but it will not be anytime soon. I
work full time as a design engineer and continue the development of
the program because I find it very useful to document interface timing
diagrams from simulations and visualize new logic designs with timing
diagrams that are built quickly using the logic simulation functions.
Still a lot to do with logic simulations.

I'm looking at retiring in 10 years or so and then I might consider
making it a commercial product. In the mean time, the plans are to
continue the development and add new features and continue to make it
easier to use. I'm not happy with the Java GUI and plan to switch to a
compiled language that supports cross-platform GUIs and Python for
scripting. Others have shown interest in helping with the development
if it was open source project so I'm thinking about that as well, but
I need to feel 100% sure that is right thing to do. Either way, I
will always support the program and the user community and continue to
add features requested by the users.

I hope this clears the air a little. If you have any questions,
please just ask.
Dan Fabrizio




On Dec 18 2009, 12:34*pm, chris <[email protected]> wrote:
> Tobasco,
> At least tell me you have the intelligence to tell the difference
> betweengtkwave(which I wholeheartedly support) and
> timing-diagrams.com (whose intention is still unclear till today).
> Zheng
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:43:06 -0500 "Tobasco"
>
> - Hide quoted text -
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Please ignore anyone telling you not to mention your timing diagram
> > software. It looks useful and I've played around with it a bit. You
> > give it away for free. No one "runs" usenet so use it as you will as
> > long as you are respectful. I guarantee you that no one cares if you
> > piss off Zheng. It's free software as per your website; not everyone
> > wants to release their source code. As much as I love open source
> > software it isn't the end all be all philosophy on like.

>
> I guess I don't see the big deal? *What does it matter what the
> intentions of timing_analyzer are? *I guess if you become dependent on
> the software and the project dies, it could be frustrating? *But in
> either case small plugs for the software should be tolerable (not much
> different than having a company signature at the end of each post).
> Timing analyzer is still free software and others have found benefit
> and use out of the project. *I am not bothered by the posts for Timing
> analyzer.
>
> chris


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GTKWave 3.2.0 for Windows is available Muzaffer Kal FPGA 10 01-27-2010 01:11 AM
GTKWave 1.3.86 for Windows is available mk FPGA 0 03-30-2006 06:38 PM
gtkwave-1.3.63 [email protected] Verilog 2 07-25-2005 10:07 PM
GTKWave fabbl VHDL 2 01-17-2005 06:22 AM
comp.unix.cray,comp.windows.garnet,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,comp.lang.verilog . Verilog 0 06-19-2004 09:15 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved