FPGA Central - World's 1st FPGA / CPLD Portal

FPGA Central

World's 1st FPGA Portal

 

Go Back   FPGA Groups > NewsGroup > FPGA

FPGA comp.arch.fpga newsgroup (usenet)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Antti
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default X3100A design with Synplify 8.8 and foundation 1.5 possible?

Hi

foundation 1.5 mapper terminates on windows XP with GPF fault, i
wonder if it is caused by incompatibility with winXP or maybe the edif
file generated with synplify is somehow bad?

or any other recommendations how to create bit file from VHDL for
XC3100A FPGA

Antti

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Walter Dvorak
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: X3100A design with Synplify 8.8 and foundation 1.5 possible?

Antti <[email protected]> wrote:
> foundation 1.5 mapper terminates on windows XP with GPF fault

[...]
> or any other recommendations how to create bit file from VHDL for
> XC3100A FPGA


why not setup up a vmware sandbox with win95 (or
something like that) and running the old tools in this box?

(and it is much easier to backup the vmware image)

WD
--
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Antti
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: X3100A design with Synplify 8.8 and foundation 1.5 possible?

On 30 Okt., 20:18, Walter Dvorak <[email protected]> wrote:
> Antti <[email protected]> wrote:
> > foundation 1.5 mapper terminates on windows XP with GPF fault

> [...]
> > or any other recommendations how to create bit file from VHDL for
> > XC3100A FPGA

>
> why not setup up a vmware sandbox with win95 (or
> something like that) and running the old tools in this box?
>
> (and it is much easier to backup the vmware image)
>
> WD
> --

yes can do that - my question was how likely is F 1.5 to work at all
on 95 or NT
ok, i also checked the M 1.5 with sch, it also GPF on map so its not
the synplify edif issue

weird I also installed F 3.1 that according to xilinx should also
support 3100A but it doesnt
so i still may need to get M 1.5 working somehow

Antti






Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
synthesis - design compiler or synplify pro? Wei Wang FPGA 6 06-14-2007 08:57 AM
design flow xilinx ise 7.1+synplify pro8.4 [email protected] FPGA 0 04-05-2006 06:05 PM
How to keep the design from Synplify or XST optimizing zephyrer FPGA 5 01-10-2006 04:48 PM
Anyone with old Foundation? Zak FPGA 0 10-23-2003 06:03 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved