FPGA Central - World's 1st FPGA / CPLD Portal

FPGA Central

World's 1st FPGA Portal

 

Go Back   FPGA Groups > NewsGroup > FPGA

FPGA comp.arch.fpga newsgroup (usenet)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Kelvin @ SG
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

Hi, there:

I am using ise WebPack for learning purpose. I am learning modular design
while
I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...

I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.

May I know which version has this functionality on it?

Best Regards,
Kelvin



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Uwe Bonnes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

Kelvin @ SG <[email protected]> wrote:
: Hi, there:

: I am using ise WebPack for learning purpose. I am learning modular design
: while
: I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...

: I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.

: May I know which version has this functionality on it?

Webpack comes without FPGA Editor...

That's the priceb you have to pay that Webpack comes at no costs...

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes [email protected]

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt
--------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Hal Murray
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

>I am using ise WebPack for learning purpose. I am learning modular design
>while
>I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...
>
>I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.


What are you trying to look at?

You may be able to get some of the info you want from the floorplanner.
It doesn't show you a detailed wiring, but it does show you the main
blocks.

--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my
other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited
commercial e-mail to my suespammers.org address or any of my other addresses.
These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer's. I hate spam.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Stephen Williams
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

Kelvin @ SG wrote:
> Hi, there:
>
> I am using ise WebPack for learning purpose. I am learning modular design
> while
> I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...
>
> I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.
>
> May I know which version has this functionality on it?


No versions of WebPack have FPGA Editor. You need a for-money
version to get it.

(My other gripe: No versions of WebPack support Linux native. Grumble.)


--
Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep,
http://www.icarus.com and lines to code before I sleep,
http://www.picturel.com And lines to code before I sleep."

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Kelvin @ SG
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-(


"Stephen Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] rvers.com...
> Kelvin @ SG wrote:
> > Hi, there:
> >
> > I am using ise WebPack for learning purpose. I am learning modular

design
> > while
> > I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...
> >
> > I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.
> >
> > May I know which version has this functionality on it?

>
> No versions of WebPack have FPGA Editor. You need a for-money
> version to get it.
>
> (My other gripe: No versions of WebPack support Linux native. Grumble.)
>
>
> --
> Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
> steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep,
> http://www.icarus.com and lines to code before I sleep,
> http://www.picturel.com And lines to code before I sleep."
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2004, 05:27 PM
John_H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

Doesn't Xilinx need to pay a per-seat royalty for the libraries that provide
the capabilities you're lamenting?

Lets all get something free from someone who has to pay for it !!!



"Kelvin @ SG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-(
>
>
> "Stephen Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected] rvers.com...
> > Kelvin @ SG wrote:
> > > Hi, there:
> > >
> > > I am using ise WebPack for learning purpose. I am learning modular

> design
> > > while
> > > I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...
> > >
> > > I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.
> > >
> > > May I know which version has this functionality on it?

> >
> > No versions of WebPack have FPGA Editor. You need a for-money
> > version to get it.
> >
> > (My other gripe: No versions of WebPack support Linux native. Grumble.)
> >
> >
> > --
> > Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
> > steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep,
> > http://www.icarus.com and lines to code before I sleep,
> > http://www.picturel.com And lines to code before I sleep."
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Ralph Malph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

What libraries would that be? Isn't FPGA editor their own product? Or
is there something not *free* about Linux?

BTW, to Kelvin, since when does WebPack provide support for modular
configuration? I would love to know because I would like to use it.
But then I really don't mind paying $500 for a tool like this.



John_H wrote:
>
> Doesn't Xilinx need to pay a per-seat royalty for the libraries that provide
> the capabilities you're lamenting?
>
> Lets all get something free from someone who has to pay for it !!!
>
> "Kelvin @ SG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-(
> >
> >
> > "Stephen Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected] rvers.com...
> > > Kelvin @ SG wrote:
> > > > Hi, there:
> > > >
> > > > I am using ise WebPack for learning purpose. I am learning modular

> > design
> > > > while
> > > > I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...
> > > >
> > > > I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.
> > > >
> > > > May I know which version has this functionality on it?
> > >
> > > No versions of WebPack have FPGA Editor. You need a for-money
> > > version to get it.
> > >
> > > (My other gripe: No versions of WebPack support Linux native. Grumble.)
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
> > > steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep,
> > > http://www.icarus.com and lines to code before I sleep,
> > > http://www.picturel.com And lines to code before I sleep."
> > >

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2004, 02:55 AM
Brian Davis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

[email protected] (Hal Murray) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
> >I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...
> >I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.

>
> What are you trying to look at?
>
> You may be able to get some of the info you want from the floorplanner.
> It doesn't show you a detailed wiring, but it does show you the main
> blocks.
>

The latest Webpack versions now include XDL, Xilinx's nifty ASCII FPGA
{dis}assembler, which let you examine/create a ncd file in ASCII form.

Look in %XILINX%\help\data\xdl

Brian
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2004, 12:59 PM
jacky Renaux
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?


I

I still use webpack 4.1 version (due to win98) and I have
fpga editor ..

regards

jacky


--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Uwe Bonnes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

jacky Renaux <[email protected]> wrote:

: I

: I still use webpack 4.1 version (due to win98) and I have
: fpga editor ..

At least 6.1 sp1 worked again with win98, according to rumors and my tests
with wine running as win98 incarnation.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes [email protected]

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt
--------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Philip Freidin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

On 20 Jan 2004 11:59:07 GMT, jacky Renaux <[email protected]> wrote:
>I still use webpack 4.1 version (due to win98) and I have
>fpga editor ..
>
>jacky


Are you sure? Maybe you mean the floorplanner?

Philip

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ANN: Zeus Version 3.95 Editor Released Jussi Jumppanen Verilog 0 08-08-2005 03:45 PM
Floorplanning, Routing, FPGA Editor Martin Euredjian FPGA 7 10-10-2003 01:45 PM
FPGA Editor and Xilinx ISE 5.1i Santi FPGA 2 07-03-2003 11:35 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved