FPGA Central - World's 1st FPGA / CPLD Portal

FPGA Central

World's 1st FPGA Portal

 

Go Back   FPGA Groups > NewsGroup > FPGA

FPGA comp.arch.fpga newsgroup (usenet)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default playing test SVF files for Spartan-3 Starter Board (using iMPACT ? or a test software?)

Hi all,

I'd like to use my SVF files to test the board; I'm trying to use
iMPACT, but it seems that under iMPACT, SVF can only be run to program
devices and not to test it. What to do?
The other possibility could be to use a test software to run my SVF
files but no one seems to be compliant with the Xilinx Platform Cable (
I don't have any parallel port on my PC, that's why I can't use the
Xilinx parallel cable III or IV).

I'm looking forward to your help, because I'm reaching an impasse.

Thanks in advance,
Florent

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Antti
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: playing test SVF files for Spartan-3 Starter Board (using iMPACT ? or a test software?)

[email protected] schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to use my SVF files to test the board; I'm trying to use
> iMPACT, but it seems that under iMPACT, SVF can only be run to program
> devices and not to test it. What to do?
> The other possibility could be to use a test software to run my SVF
> files but no one seems to be compliant with the Xilinx Platform Cable (
> I don't have any parallel port on my PC, that's why I can't use the
> Xilinx parallel cable III or IV).
>
> I'm looking forward to your help, because I'm reaching an impasse.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Florent


just play back the test SVF files with impact whats wrong with that?

Antti

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: playing test SVF files for Spartan-3 Starter Board (using iMPACT ? or a test software?)


Antti a écrit :
I must be silly.. how do you do that, please?

> [email protected] schrieb:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to use my SVF files to test the board; I'm trying to use
> > iMPACT, but it seems that under iMPACT, SVF can only be run to program
> > devices and not to test it. What to do?
> > The other possibility could be to use a test software to run my SVF
> > files but no one seems to be compliant with the Xilinx Platform Cable (
> > I don't have any parallel port on my PC, that's why I can't use the
> > Xilinx parallel cable III or IV).
> >
> > I'm looking forward to your help, because I'm reaching an impasse.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Florent

>
> just play back the test SVF files with impact whats wrong with that?
>
> Antti


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: playing test SVF files for Spartan-3 Starter Board (using iMPACT ? or a test software?)

I mean: in my case "Operations>Execute XSVF/SVF" remains grey. what do
I do wrong?



[email protected] a écrit :

> Antti a écrit :
> I must be silly.. how do you do that, please?
>
> > [email protected] schrieb:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'd like to use my SVF files to test the board; I'm trying to use
> > > iMPACT, but it seems that under iMPACT, SVF can only be run to program
> > > devices and not to test it. What to do?
> > > The other possibility could be to use a test software to run my SVF
> > > files but no one seems to be compliant with the Xilinx Platform Cable(
> > > I don't have any parallel port on my PC, that's why I can't use the
> > > Xilinx parallel cable III or IV).
> > >
> > > I'm looking forward to your help, because I'm reaching an impasse.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Florent

> >
> > just play back the test SVF files with impact whats wrong with that?
> >
> > Antti


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Antti
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: playing test SVF files for Spartan-3 Starter Board (using iMPACT ? or a test software?)

[email protected] schrieb:

> I mean: in my case "Operations>Execute XSVF/SVF" remains grey. what do
> I do wrong?
>

1 double click "Boundary scan"
2 right click, select "xilinx device", select SVF file
3 right click on the svf file icon, select "execute.."

this will execute any valid SVF file.

ready, how easy must it be then?

Antti

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: playing test SVF files for Spartan-3 Starter Board (using iMPACT ? or a test software?)

Thanks Antti,

i found what is my problem: of course I knew what you just wrote, but
the problem was that my SVF wasn't valid: I created it by myself
(following the pattern of the ones produces by iMPACT) but the right
way to follow seems to be:
1)create the file with iMPACT
2)then edit it and add one's instructions.

Anyway, I don't why, but if it works....

Florent

Antti a écrit :

> [email protected] schrieb:
>
> > I mean: in my case "Operations>Execute XSVF/SVF" remains grey. what do
> > I do wrong?
> >

> 1 double click "Boundary scan"
> 2 right click, select "xilinx device", select SVF file
> 3 right click on the svf file icon, select "execute.."
>
> this will execute any valid SVF file.
>
> ready, how easy must it be then?
>
> Antti


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: playing test SVF files for Spartan-3 Starter Board (using iMPACT ? or a test software?)

what do you think is wrong in this SVF file?:

TRST OFF;
ENDIR IDLE;
ENDDR IDLE;
STATE RESET;
STATE IDLE;
TIR 0 ;
HIR 0 ;
TDR 0 ;
HDR 0 ;
//header: prom en bypass

HIR 8 TDI (ff) SMASK (ff);
HDR 1 TDI (00) SMASK (01);



//trailer: aucun circuit avant le fpga dans la chaine

TIR 0;
TDR 0;
//On charge le fpga avec l'instruction sample
SIR 6 TDI (01) SMASK (3f);



//test: M0 à 0 ?

SDR 299 TDI(0) TD0(0)
MASK(040000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000);






[email protected] a écrit :

> Thanks Antti,
>
> i found what is my problem: of course I knew what you just wrote, but
> the problem was that my SVF wasn't valid: I created it by myself
> (following the pattern of the ones produces by iMPACT) but the right
> way to follow seems to be:
> 1)create the file with iMPACT
> 2)then edit it and add one's instructions.
>
> Anyway, I don't why, but if it works....
>
> Florent
>
> Antti a écrit :
>
> > [email protected] schrieb:
> >
> > > I mean: in my case "Operations>Execute XSVF/SVF" remains grey. what do
> > > I do wrong?
> > >

> > 1 double click "Boundary scan"
> > 2 right click, select "xilinx device", select SVF file
> > 3 right click on the svf file icon, select "execute.."
> >
> > this will execute any valid SVF file.
> >
> > ready, how easy must it be then?
> >
> > Antti


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
playing test SVF files for Spartan-3 Starter Board (using iMPACT ?) [email protected] FPGA 0 11-25-2006 05:41 PM
Error : iMPACT 1208 : -'1' Boundary-Scan chain test failed at bit position 1 [email protected] FPGA 0 03-31-2006 05:43 AM
need help,test on Spartan3 starter kit preet FPGA 4 03-31-2006 04:06 AM
how to apply different stimulus files to a test bench techie FPGA 1 05-24-2005 09:11 PM
Free JTAG board test software? Richard Tierney FPGA 0 01-04-2005 05:29 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved