FPGA Central - World's 1st FPGA / CPLD Portal

FPGA Central

World's 1st FPGA Portal

 

Go Back   FPGA Groups > NewsGroup > FPGA

FPGA comp.arch.fpga newsgroup (usenet)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM
anushina
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Need help VHDL code 5-to-7 decoder (Xilinx)

Hi! I'm a beginner and I have an assignment to design 4 bit adder usin
FPGA (I have a kit xsa-3s1000 board on Xstend 3.0). I'm using ISE Webpac
10.1 version.
I designed the adder with two 4-bit and 1-bit carry-in inputs and 4-bi
and 1-bit carry-out outputs...
Now I need to connect it to two LED 7-segment displays in order to displa
the result of the sum.
I figured that I need two decoders for each LED display...I know how t
write code for the decoder, for example for 3-to-7 decoder:
s<="0110000" when d="001" else ; --one input d and one output
...
but in my project I need a decoder with 2 inputs and 1 output...
Could anyone help please?
Thank you!


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
anushina
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Need help VHDL code 5-to-7 decoder (Xilinx)

>Hi! I'm a beginner and I have an assignment to design 4 bit adder using
>FPGA (I have a kit xsa-3s1000 board on Xstend 3.0). I'm using IS

Webpack
>10.1 version.
>I designed the adder with two 4-bit and 1-bit carry-in inputs and 4-bit
>and 1-bit carry-out outputs...
>Now I need to connect it to two LED 7-segment displays in order t

display
>the result of the sum.
>I figured that I need two decoders for each LED display...I know how to
>write code for the decoder, for example for 3-to-7 decoder:
>s<="0110000" when d="001" else ; --one input d and one output
>..
>but in my project I need a decoder with 2 inputs and 1 output...
>Could anyone help please?
>Thank you!
>
>
>


I figured it out a week ago already I took a while for the admin to pos
my thread!!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
MikeWhy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Need help VHDL code 5-to-7 decoder (Xilinx)

"anushina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] ...
> but in my project I need a decoder with 2 inputs and 1 output...
> Could anyone help please?


It's a common need. They generally take the form of: c = s ? a : b;

You might consider switching on which hex digit to display and run it
through a single 7-segment decoder, rather than having 2 decoders, although
that is possible to do also. Heck, do both, and see if there's a reason to
prefer one over the other.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vhdl code for the 2-line lcd on xilinx boards Benjamin Menküc FPGA 1 04-11-2005 10:02 PM
Block Commenting of VHDL code in Xilinx ISE 6.3i vijay VHDL 7 02-07-2005 07:54 PM
vhdl code : altera vs xilinx Shahab FPGA 5 08-16-2004 04:18 AM
Reed-Solomon correcting code - coder/decoder in vhdl Wilq VHDL 0 05-17-2004 09:39 AM
Re: Help with Xilinx Ram16X1S example VHDL code jtw FPGA 1 04-02-2004 06:06 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2008 @ FPGA Central. All rights reserved