Planet FPGA brings all the FPGA Blogs from around the web under one roof. So instead of visiting multiple blogs/portal to find updates on the blogs, just visit Planet FPGA and see all the updates together. You can visit the original blog post by clicking on the title of the blog post.
Don't see the blog that you author or read here? Submit the blog to us for addition using our contact form.
ASIX - Electronic Design Service
They have a wide range of experience in electronics - programmable logic devices (Xilinx FPGAs and CPLDs), microcontrollers (PIC, AVR, ARM, ...), analog and digital electronics...etc.
They also manufacture some tools and instruments that are useful for R&D using Embedded Systems. These are like Programmers, Debugging Tools and USB Products.
Even their Discontinued products are very interesting...
PVK40 a feature-rich development board for 40-pin PIC
The board includes all the circuitry necessary for an in-depth study of most of the microcontroller on-chip peripherals and for experimenting with several external peripherals. This board will help you to become an expert in PIC MCU programming.
Staropramenna 4 150 00 Prague Czech Republic
2012-12-21 My "FPGA design from scratch" blog is the top one programmable logic design article in EE Times in 2012.
2012-06-20 I have written a blog about MicroBlaze at All Programmable Planet.
2012-06-01 Here is my first post at All Programmable Planet.
2012-05-24 After all these years I am now a professional blogger at All Programmable Planet.
2012-05-08 Read about my new blog in EE Times.
FPGA is specific device that packs lots of power when used properly. They aren’t meant for general purpose use, but rather to do more specialized high resource demanding tasks like image, signal processing. If you see real potential of FPGA then give it a try. If you look for small and affordable FPGA development board – miniSpartan6 might fit your starting needs.
It is built using Spartan 6 FPGA chip from Xlink. Board comes with JTAG programmer which uses FT2232D chip for USB connection. Also you will find 32MB of RAM and 8MB of SPI flash memory. There are 36 programmable I/Os where already 8 LEDs and 4 DIP switches are connected for fast start.
ABSOLUTE QUALITY defines the Xilinx commitment to excellence.
Digicom Electronics - Manufacturing and Prototyping
Digicom offers a turn key electronics manufacturing solutions for small to medium sized production and prototype builds.
Their capabilities in Manufacturing Service - Precision in process control and quality monitoring, they have an infrastructure of a full line of 'state of the art' automated equipment and a Skilled Work Force.
Their Specialization include Custom Embedded Computers and complex cable assemblies. These include power, data, radio, video, and co-axial type harnesses
IBOB - Interconnect Break-out Board
This is a FPGA-based processing board for DSP. It has a Xilinx Virtex-II Pro 2VP50 FPGA, and is used in radio astronomy applications primarily for digitizing data, performing down conversion, filtering and FFT operations....
Digicom Electronics, Inc.
7799 Pardee Lane Oakland, CA 94621
Here is a figure I did use in a recent presentation explaining why power electronics software is so hard to develop:
Hence, in order to create quality embedded software for power electronics applications, one must have advanced knowledge on :
- the load (motor type, dynamics, etc),
- the electrical source (topology of the power converter, devices technologies, etc.),
- the electronics, i.e. the device on which the software is going to run and also transducers that are going to interface with the device and the system,
- and embedded software development, of course.
- the ‘power engineer’ doesn’t know about software development and often minimize its importance (this most of the time leads to bad software development practices which makes the situation worse),
- the ‘software engineer’ doesn’t know about power applications since this is way out of his traditionnal type of applications (web, internet, applicative) and neglect to consider that he is working with energy (i.e. error is not leading to a blue screen but to a damaged system or to personel injury).
The post Why developing power electronics embedded software is so hard ? appeared first on PE-FPGA/IP.com.
I am now a proud member of the editorial committee of the new IEEE IES ITeN :
“The IE Technology News (ITeN) is a step forward to widen the reach of the IES by a free on-line publication. This provides the extended abstracts of a few timely, thought provoking articles from IES transactions, magazine and conference proceedings periodically. In addition, it also aims to report important society news, announcement and summaries of IES-conferences, brief outline of interesting tutorials (from IES-conferences) and promote activities of Technical Committees. ITeN is supported by an editorial board with domain-experts from academia and industries and Technical Committees (through Chairs and Vice-Chairs) of IES.”
Click here to access ITeN on IES website.
Who can nominate a Paper to ITeN?
- ALL Associate Editors of ITeN. This is the main job of AEs. They will check a potential paper (from TIE, TII, IEM and all IES sponsored conferences) in their areas and nominate a good one to the EIC,
- Advisors, all past officers, all major award winners of IES, all AEs of TIE, TII and IEM
- All General Chairs, Technical Program Chairs, Technical Track Chairs, SS Chairs and SS Organizers can nominate a conference paper
- Self-nomination is not allowed.
You would like to submit a paper to ITeN ? Please let me know !
The post IEEE Industrial Electronics Society launches its TechNews (ITeN) appeared first on PE-FPGA/IP.com.