Senior Engineer – FPGA Project Lead
Nuvation, a successful Electronic Design Services (EDS) company, with offices in Waterloo and San Jose, is expanding our Waterloo office. Nuvation provides project-based chip, board, and software design services for the embedded systems industry. Our services spectrum includes FPGA Design, Board (PCB) Design, Signal Integrity Analysis, Firmware, and turnkey Product Development services. Our clients are in the medical, telecom, defense/aerospace, video security, green power, semi-conductor, and broadcast video sectors, to name just a few. Our focus is on innovation, creativity, high quality, and time to market.
Job Reference #: WDC – FPGADESIGN – 2010-07
Talented, innovative Senior Engineers who successfully combine technical and project leadership are immediately required for full time positions. Proven experience with Programmable Logic (FPGA) Design and Project Leadership for a minimum of 5 years is required. If you are looking for constant challenges on a wide variety of design projects, this is the job for you.
Three main areas of responsibilities:
Engineering Execution – actively participating in the delivery of our Engineering Services, as a Project Leader/Manager, Architect, Technical Lead, Design Reviewer, and Designer. All levels of technical activity will be involved, varying depending on the project and team resources.
Technical Leadership – developing and mentoring other engineers. Team-level leadership and involvement in our Engineering Methodology efforts.
Customer Interaction – ensuring project success by working directly with customers on project definition, specifications, and ongoing management. Providing pre-sales and post-sales technical resources to support our Sales Account Managers.
Experience: 8+ Years Preferred
- High-level design, detailed design, and implementation/verification of programmable logic systems, ranging in speeds, size, and complexity - from straight-forward systems to complex designs using the largest FPGAs on the market in a variety of industry applications
- Experience working with software/firmware/board designers on system bringup
- Technical leadership experience with a willingness to mentor and collaborate with team members
- Experience with Verilog and/or VHDL
- Experience with one or more of Altera, Xilinx, Lattice, and Actel technologies
- Experience with vendor-specific tools such as Quartus and ISE
- Experience with ModelSim and/or ActiveHDL for simulation
- Experience working with numerous peripherals/buses/interfaces, such as DDR2, DDR3, PCI, PCIe, XAUI, DVI/HDMI, HD-SDI, SPI, I2C, UART, LVDS, etc.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- Self-directed and continuous learner
- Strong verbal communication and experienced in writing technical documentation and engineering proposals including effort and calendar estimations
- Passion and creativity
- Hands-on and practical approach to engineering
- Focus on results and commitment to quality
- Design experience in a secondary discipline such as software/firmware or board design
- Project Management (effort budgeting, scheduling, status reporting/management, prioritization, customer relationship management, and other activities)
- Experience working with video and imaging applications
- Experience working with and integrating 3rd party IP cores
Nuvation offers competitive salaries with excellent health, dental, vision, and disability benefits. All positions have opportunities for diversity, innovation and advancement. Enjoy a fast-paced, yet relaxed work environment, and a unique corporate culture that will encourage you to perform at your personal best on each client project.
If others describe you as a passionate, creative, hands-on and practical engineer – a collaborative technical leader who can work with a dedicated team of professionals to deliver first-time-right electronic device prototypes – then this really is the job for you.
Goto www.nuvation.com for further information on Nuvation Research (Canada) Corp. and all our career opportunities.