DVB Remultiplexer N-to-M
The MVD DVB remultiplexer 1-to-1 core is a drop-in module for reducing the MPEG TS rate by filtering services selected by an external host controller.
- The remultiplexer is managed by an external host via the RS232 link. The host is in charge to read the statistical data and to select the services to filter.
- Generation of a new NIT or pass through of the current NIT.
- Regeneration of PSI/SI tables PAT and SDT.
- Large smoothing FIFO to optimize the bandwidth of the output rate.
- Drop-in module for Virtex-5™, Virtex-4™ and Spartan™-3A_DSP FPGAs
- 1 SPI input / 1 SPI output
- Adapt an MPEG TS mux rate into another by filtering complete services
- Management of PSI/SI tables (automatic tables generator) according to ETS300468 and ISO 13818-1
- Configurable via a RS232 link
- Service filtering and insertion of custom NIT
- Full PCR re-stamping
- Master/Slave control of output mux flow
- Statistical service bandwidth estimation
- Maximize output payload bandwidth thanks to smoothing FIFO
- Smoothing FIFO can be implemented as block RAM or external Synchronous SRAM memory
- Configurable size of the smoothing FIFO
- Full synthesizable RTL design (not delivered) for easy customization
- Netlist version available for ISE 10 and later versions
MPEG TS rate decrease by filtering services. Up to 4 inputs / Up to 4 outputs - Turbo Extend version
The MVD Remultiplexer core analyses the MPEG TS stream inputs and gives access to the followings information and statistics :
- Incoming TS Stream features (TS_ID, NetworkID, Original_NetworkID, Version, Tables, ...)
- Incoming/ Payload/ Outcoming rates
- Program List and bandwidth for each program.
- Program Information (Names)
Then, it filters user selected programs and regenerates PSI/SI tables such as PAT, SDT, NIT (according to programmed mode), PMTs, EITs (according to configuration).
TOT, TDT, not filtered PMT programs and others PID which do not correspond to any program or PSI/SI tables are passed through.
EIT and PMTs are re-generated according to the modifications to apply to the output stream.
BAT and RST are filtered. CAT and related PIDs (EMM) are filtered according to the configuration of the remultiplexer.
Possibility to adapt output TS to customer needs by changing TS_ID, Network_ID, OriginalNetworkID, Service_ID , Services Names etc...
The DVB Remultiplexer core allows the filtering of programs of DVB MPEG TS flows compliant with the standards :
- UIT-T H222 (02/00) / ISO13818-1
- ETSI EN 300 468 v1.8.1 (2008-7)