WiMedia 1.5 UWB 1Gbit/s LDPC Decoder
The WiMedia UWB standard was developed by the WiMedia Alliance. Version 1.5 of the standard introduces high payload throughputs of up to 1 Gbit/s for short range communication. LDPC codes have been adopted for these high data rate modes, while convolutional codes are used for the low data rate modes. The Creonic WiMedia 1.5 LDPC Decoder IP supports all LDPC coding schemes as defined by the standard.
Standard features the core supports:
* Compliant with Multiband OFDM Physical Layer Specification, PHY Specification: Final Deliverable 1.5, August 11, 2009.
* Support for all LDPC codes (approximate channel coding rates 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 4/5).
* Support for short blocks (1200 bits) and long blocks (1320 bits).
Your benefits are:
* Block-to-block on-the-fly configuration.
* Low-power and low-complexity design.
* Layered LDPC decoder architecture, for faster convergence behavior.
* Decodes more than 5 codeword bits per clock cycle for throughputs beyond 1 Gbit/s.
* Early stopping criterion for iterative LDPC decoder, saving a considerable amount of energy.
* Configurable amount of LDPC decoding iterations for trading-off throughput and error correction performance.
* Collection of statistic information (number of modified information bits, number of iterations, decoding successful).
* Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Altera).
* Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL or SystemC testbench, and Matlab, C or C++ bit-accurate simulation model.