GMR Release 2 and GMR Release 3 LDPC Decoder
GEO-Mobile Radio (GMR) is an ETSI standard for satellite phones. The Creonic GMR Decoder IP core supports the PNB2 burst packets that were added in GMR Release 2 (GMPRS-1) and use LDPC codes for the first time. The same burst modes and LDPC codes are also in GMR Release 3 (GMR-3G).
Standard features the core supports:
* Compliant with GMR Release 2, ETSI TS 101 376-5-3 V2.3.1 (2008-07) (GMPRS-1 05.003).
* Compliant with GMR Release 3, H36978 GMR-3G 45.003 V3.1.1 (2007-11) (GMR-3G 45.003).
* Support for return and forward link.
* Support for short PNB2 (5,3) bursts and long PNB2 (5,12) bursts.
* Support for all PNB2 modulation schemes (Pi/4-QPSK, 16-APSK, 32-APSK).
* Support for all PNB2 shortening, repeating, and puncturing schemes.
* Support for all PNB2 LDPC codes (approximate channel coding rates 1/2, 2/3, 4/5, 9/10).
Your benefits are:
* FPGA-proven design.
* Soft-decision demapper, LLR-descrambler, block deinterleaver, and LDPC decoder included.
* Low-power and low-complexity design.
* Burst-to-burst on-the-fly configuration.
* Design-time configuration of throughput for optimal resource utilization.
* Faster convergence due to layered LDPC decoder architecture.
* Early stopping criterion for iterative LDPC decoder, saving a considerable amount of energy.
* Configurable amount of LDPC decoding iterations for trading-off throughput and error correction performance.
* Collection of statistic information (number of modified information bits, number of iterations, decoding successful).
* Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Altera).
* Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL or SystemC testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model.
* The software model includes the corresponding transmitter part.